Wednesday, November 29, 2006

106th Edition: Gale Lajoye

Photo courtesy of Robin Estes, from the Estate of Mr. Harold Ronk


106th Edition Advance Clown, Gale Lajoye.

I was in Irowood or Iron Mountain, we play them both but I'm pretty sure it was Ironwood, in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula) of Michigan last year playing a Shrine date at the local arena with Cindy Migley's Circus Spectacular. After the show I went looking for any open nearby restaurant but, like most of the country, the town was pretty well put to bed for the night by the time I got out.

The only place with a kitchen that was open was a bar & grill downtown where, after taking my seat, I was comped for my entire dinner since I was the clown with the circus. Seems that the owner was a good friend of Gale's, who lives in town but was away performing, and she was extending every courtesy that she could on his behalf.

Sorry I missed him, hope to meet him one day and I definetly owe him one.

Nothing tastes better after a two show day in a one day town than a free dinner across the street from the hotel.

No comments: