Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ringling 104th Alley



From the early 70s - Members of the 104th Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Blue Unit Clown Alley (including Maude Flippen, Janice Gillespie, Swede Johnson, Prince Paul, Michu, Mark Anthony, Earl "Mr. Clown" Cheney, future Clown College directors Ron and Sandy Severini, Tim Tinsman, Kevin Bickford and longtime Vidbel's Old Tyme Circus star clown Billy Vaughn) as they appeared when I saw them at Madison Square Garden on 33rd St. in New York City, just an hour from my house.

2 comments:

24-HOUR-MAN said...

There are a lot of young clowns that I haven't met, but of the ones I have, Billy Vaughn was one of my favorites, I used to shudder when he did that half forward as he was awfully heavy to be doing that stuff, but my hat is off to him because he did it.

Pat Cashin said...

Mr. Lee,

Who are you and when did you go to Clown College?